[Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
简介Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan ...
Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan Theatre's theatrical rendition of the classic character meets audiences with the haunting specter of dating violence.
Seoul Metropolitan Theatre Artistic Director Koh Sun-woong undertook the adaptation of “Carmen” to reevaluate the character in a new light and to deliver a powerful message: Obsession is not love.
Based on Prosper Merimee's 1845 novella and Bizet's opera libretto, the original narrative unfolds in 19th-century Seville, Spain, where a young corporal named Don Jose is to marry his demure fiancee, Micaela. Then he encounters the free-spirited, untamed gypsy woman Carmen, and falls deeply in love with her. Carmen, however, becomes entangled with the bullfighter Escamillo, leading Don Jose to make tragic choices driven by jealousy.
Samsung Biologics said Tuesday that the company has signed five contract manufacturing deals to brin ...
Dondeokjeon, a historic Western-style building in Seoul's Deoksu Palace used as a royal guestho ...
US wireless chipmaker Broadcom Inc. said Monday it plans to seek an appeal against the South Korean ...
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- Posco to start search for new chief
- Korea to start hiring E
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- LIG Nex1 seals global defense ties at Seoul ADEX 2023
- Muaz Razaq on being Muslim in South Korea
- 尹 "참모들 앉아있지 말고 현장 가라…나도 민생 더 파고들 것"
- [Herald Interview] Rising star conductor Klaus Makela to meet Korean audiences
- SK gears up for largest
- Pentagon official touts robust extended deterrence to S. Korea
- [Korean History] 2003, when Korean cinema was at its finest
- Mirae Asset Securities to buy back shares worth W60b
- Cha Medical to hold global forum on next
- KTO to offer weekend railroad travel packages through February
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- Chuu makes tearful solo debut with 'Howl'
- Seoul shares end nearly 2% lower amid Middle East woes
- SK chairman says agile responses needed in times of geopolitical strife
- 김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- Strengthening Vietnam
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- S. Korea's Navy holds regular multinational mine warfare drills